Re: Water Pump (and more) Project -- advice?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 20:40:50 EST

I don't think you can separate the fan & shroud. The unit covers about 60%
of the surface area of the radiator I'd guess. I really don't see how one
could get the fan working with the stock shroud, and even if you could,
you're not increasing the size of the fan that's actually moving the air.

You would have to do a lot of hacking & slashing to fit the stock shroud
around the BM unit.

What would be ideal is a dual-fan setup - 2 smaller fans, offset, on the
engine side of the radiator. One high to the left, one low to the right.
Unfortunately, there isn't one that fits as far as I know.

Sorry, on the group buy I was referring to the FSM. If you're replacing
the pump, I say upgrade while you're at it.