Re: 89 Dak Heater(Off Topic) Jeep Cherokee No Heat

From: Jack 3 (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 15:26:39 EST

I had the same problem on my 89 Shelby. When I got it, the
resistor had gotten water down in it and shorted, and the
harness connector was melted. I got a new resistor from the
dealer, but now I have to find a Dak in a yard somewhere to
get the harness plug and wiring to splice it in correctly.

BTW - The heat and stuff still works without the resistor,
this just controls the fan speed.

Jack 3

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:01:13 EST
 SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:
> Hi everyone... sorry I know its off topic, but my buddy
> 92 Jeep Cherokee has
> no heat.. He says the blower comes on and off at random
> at times. I tried it
> out and it wasn't working. Now this is related to my
> Dakota 4x4 with the
> bead blower - which I fixed by the way. The resistor
> wire contacts were
> rusted and corroded.. a little medium grit sandpaper to
> the terminals took
> care of it and I have heat again.
>
> SO with that in mine I went looking for the resistor for
> the Cherokee.
> Thinking it sounded exactly like my problem with the
> Dakota. However I
> couldn't find the resistor and as best I could tell the
> fuses were good.
> Anyone have any idea where the resistor is for the
> Cherokee?
>
> Please email me off list... I'm on digest mode and I am
> not able to keep up
> with them very well.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> Tom (Silver89)
> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA
NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA
NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA
NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA
NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">
W Jack Hilton III
Dakota R/T Club Division 2 Rep.
www.DakotaRT.com