Re: Timing chain/gear-drive questions (Wes)

From: Jon (jonram@megalink.net)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 00:52:20 EST

I have a few answers.
1) I wholeheartedly believe so. My truck ran good, (except sounding like a
Cummins in a Ram with a bad injector pump) had adequate power when I bought
it, but since the dealer fixed it (1 week after I bought it), it runs GREAT.
Little bit of lifter noise, but only noticable if you know what you're
listening for, or accelerating up a hill.
2) Gear drive, I believe, would be more expense/noise/effort than it's
worth. After the tensioner's installed, your truck will be great. Your
choice, of course, but I'd leave it.
JMO
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund BugShield