440 BB in a Dakota

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 12:43:15 EST

Well hell,
       I rolled my 76 RamCharger this weekend, it screwed up the windshield
frame, so it's pretty much worthless, that'd be alot o welding to get it back
into drivab;le condition.. So I was thinking that I got a perfectly good
440 just sitting there, it's got less than 30K on the motor... and well the
Dakotas got almost 130K... BB Dakota!! Do you guys think this is possible?

How big of a bitch would it be to slappa BB in the dakota... I allready got
the nice 727 tranny behind the BB in the RamCharger, os it'd jsut need some
custom motor mounts, crossmemebers, and driveshafts right????????

O R

The wheelbases are about the same, what about swaping over the Dakota body
bed and all on the charger chassis, a dakota that had a 440 with 33" tires
would be pretty damned badass!

Lemme know what you all think I oughta do

Greg