4X4 indicator light not turning on

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 03:45:31 EST

After the engine replacement, I'm still trying to get the electrical gremlins
to leave my 4x4 alone, and go harass some pathetic Chevy S10... anyway...

The 4x4 indicator light will not illuminate when I shift into 4wd mode. I
tried 4 hi and 4 low (don't worry I was just testing it, I know better than
to drive around in part time)

The indicator DOE light up when I first start the truck up, and the gauges
etc light up the lights and shut off as they normally do. This tells me the
bulb is good and the thing is getting power to it. I know about the
electrical connector that goes from the front axle to the wire harness...
that is plugged in on both ends. I know the thing worked when I first bought
the truck. I shifted it into 4wd mode back then and it lit up. My question
is, can anyone tell me what else I might look for that would be causing this
problem? I consulted the FSM wiring diagram but that only served to confuse
me more.

Thanks,
Tom(Silver89)