Another bad dealer story

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 21:51:07 EST

Since we are venting a bit about poor service at dealers, in Southern
California, I experienced some interesting fun at a dealership, Glendora
Dodge. I took my Jeep Wrangler in to get the TPS checked and changed.
Just a bit too busy to do it myself. After they drove it back up from
the tech test drive, they tech was flying through the dealership. No
big deal, but the Jeep just got the 3.5" lift but still had the
215/75R15 tires on it. Rather unstable. i mentioned that to the
service manager, and he said you are right. Mind you, I know these
people over the last 3 years through the DTOA and other Dodge stuff I
have done. Parts is great usually, but service is marginal except in an
emergency.

Anyway. The next day, I hear a whistling under the hood. Check it out
and the hose from the air box to the TB was ripped. Now I had actually
checked it before I took it in and it was fine. When i took the part
in, the service advisor (a.k.a. moron), tell the service manager that I
am "alleging" the technician caused the damage. They said, we will
check with the technician to see if he did this. Duh!?! What is the
tech going to say, "Yeah, I ripped it and left it in there. I just
didn't want to do anything about it. Too bad."? Of course the tech
denied it. They just told me too bad, not their fault, go see parts for
a replacement part.

Now normally, I work with a lot of different dealers and know quite a
few service and parts department managers. This was a first considering
how much business and support I and the DTOA/DML have given Glendora
Dodge over the years. Lesson? DO NOT GO TO GLENDORA DODGE for Service
or in any way support them. not worth it. They will screw you big
time.

Just my opinion.

Jim