Paul's solar yellow

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 20:20:59 EST

Yeah, I got some time on my hands, that's why I've posted so much:

1. The truck seems to bang into the gears.
  --4x4's seem to have a "louder" sounding shift, especially on
downshifting, due to the drivetrain/backlash
2. Sometimes the truck shifts into overdrive and sometimes it dosn't.
--It shouldnt go into overdrive until the operating temperature the
computer sees has hit a minimum level, and then you have to be going a
certain speed.
3. When I try to pass a car the truck shifts into the passing gear and
sometimes it doesn't. Happens alot when its cold.
--Function of the speed, how hard you kick down the throttle, and
whether it's in overdrive or not. A simple TV cable adjustment that
takes 2 minutes goes a long way towards shifting quality
4. When I am driving up a hill the truck will shift and then shift back
very
quickly? This has only happened four times.
--This can happen if you are going at the perfect speed and the computer
and trans start shifting back and forth because the you fluctuate
between parameters for upshifting and downshifting. It keeps the trans
from lugging the motor too bad.
  Just thoughts that came to mind when I read your stuff. I bet you're
getting a free rebuild for nothing!
Patrick