Re: Another bad dealer story

From: Ed Buxton (flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 23:23:25 EST

Actually I'm thinking it's the torque convertor. The
Dakota would lurch forward at an idle when in drive
and get up to just under 5mph. Most automatics I've
ridden in just kind of coast forward when the brake
lets off.If my theory is correct, the is no chance for
the slop in the gears to absorb the impact of the
tranny going into gear...in fact, it probably
exasperate it.

But no more of that problem with the new Ram...quiet
into reverse and no more humming along with the rear
at
45mph.