Re: Sticky Trans? 1990 V6 Auto

From: Roger W Lokay (teacher_2003@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 14:15:48 EST

Hi DMLers,
        This sounds just like my 90 V6. It sounds like it is in nautral,
so I have to let off the gas for it to adjust and then it switches gears.
 I also had transmission work done recently (Rear seal replaced). Anyone
know how this can be corrected and is it a serious problem Thanks,
Roger
On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 00:18:35 -0500 (EST) owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
(DML Digest) writes:
> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:38:58 EST
> From: PoohDog629@aol.com
> Subject: DML: Sticky Trans?
>
> With all these q's about transmissions has me thinkin' I should add
> one more
> for the dmlers' to ponder. In the cold (Chicago) my trans will not
> shift into
> 3rd until it warms up. I have let the truck sit and warm up for
> about 7 mins
> or so and then driven it and the truck still won't shift into 3rd.
> Basically,
> I end up going 40 at about 2100 RPMs. I didn't have this problem
> last winter
> and this summer I had the trans serviced. I'm wondering if there is
> something
> wrong with the fluid they put in. I have a V8 with an automatic
> trans. The
> rest is in my sig. Thanx.

Thanks,
Roger W. Lokay
WANTED: FIRE TRUCK. Do you have one FOR SALE?

Homepage: http://students.concord.edu/weatherman80