Re: How HOT does your RT usually run?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 10:42:43 EST

At 02:11 AM 1/4/02 -0600, you wrote:
>I live in LA, cali!
>Night time right now is aroun 54-60 and during the day, it does not go
>past 75 TOPS!

Yuri

You may want to consider changing your rad coolant/ water mixture.
I'm guessing but I would think for California the 50/50 mixture is being
used.

Rad coolant dissipates heat very poorly while water dissipates heat away
very well. A 30 (coolant)/ 70 (water) should work in your year-round climate
BUT you should add a bottle of Redline's WaterWetter or DEI's Rad
Relief to the 30/70 mix. Either of these products will strengthen the
weaken rust inhibitors and lube components in this diluted mix.
More importantly, both of these products contains additives which
will lessen "cavitation" ie the formation of air bubbles (think of what
you see when boiling water in a glass pot) in the coolant jacket of the
block, especially near the combustion chambers. The formation
of these air bubbles against the jacket's walls prevents heat from
being carried away by the coolant mix and, if that is what is occurring
in your block, it may be the cause of your pinging.

Those that race their trucks most likely use the above to keep
temperature down. HTH.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 3.92SG, 4,075 lb (racing weight)
RW: 231.2 hp 340.0 torque PB: 14.313 @ 95.05 mph