Re: Lift Kit and Tire Question...

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 15:47:31 EST

I installed a 2-inch body lift on my '98 and put 32's on like
what you're planning. The overall diameter of the tire is not
the primary concern (up to a point obviously), but the width.
My 32 x 11.5's rub at full lock on the frame rails (no rubbing
on the body). 33's would work, but I don't think you'd want to
go with the 12.5" width without getting new rims with a better
backspacing. If you could special order 33x11.5's or similiar
odd size (note they will probably be more money), then you could
go bigger without new rims. For the body lift, check out my
install pics (click on the address in my sig and go to the Body
Lift album). Oh, I have 3.55 gears, but with the 5.2L. I did
indeed notice I was a bit slower off the line. With the V6, I
imagine you'll feel it a bit more but the truck will certainly
look tougher, so you'll have to consider the trade-offs. Good
luck.

--- Chris Reck <roadkill47@attbi.com> wrote:
> If I go with a 2" Body Lift, what size would I be able to
> upgrade to? Would
> this be bad considering that I have a 3.9L V6? I don't know
> what gears I
> have, as I misplaced the truck book that held the window
> sticker. I think
> it was the 3.51 gears.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak