Re: Tonneau Cover

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 08:45:57 EST

Hey Jon!

Let me state this clearly: Do Not Use Gloss Enhancing Products on either
your tonneau or interior trim!!!! The one's I am referring to contain
silicon and petroleum distillates. These products actually attack/degrade
several plastic products, but mainly the one that are used to produce the
interior of our vehicles. Please stop using it! In fact, in the owners
manual of Ford products, you will find the sentence "Use of gloss enhancing
products will void your warranty." Again, it is the damaging products they
are referring to.

Extang has their own product "Tonneau Tonic" which is fantastic! It restores
the original look without the glossy residue that runs down the side of your
truck. Extang is in Ann Arbor, MI (Go Blue!). It you have any questions, you
may call their customer service and talk to a real person! Their number is
1-800-326-1982 hours 9:00am - 5:00pm EST. Web address is
http://www.extang.com It was around $7 at the local cap and cover store. I
bought my tonneau (original Extang) back in '92 293,000 miles ago. That's
right. No exaggeration. Just this past summer on the way home from camping,
something punctured it (must have been the wife's packing ;) ). Other than
that, it looks new with the use of the Tonneau Tonic. Again, this is not to
be used on the interior trim.

The best thing to do on the interior is a mild detergent and warm water.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 255,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU