RE:Re: Re: Puddle of Oil

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 11:27:13 EST

The rear main seal on my '95 5.2l went at about 40k miles. It was probably
leaking before that but I messed around for a long time thinkin the oil was
coming from around the distributor when it was really blowing up from the
rear main.
I had it looked at in '99 when I had the NV3500 rebuilt and it was
diagnosed OK.
I got 209k miles now and it seeps a little but still holding.

Victor Williams/ Ga
1995 CC Sport,5.2l,5sp,Jardine catback,Jacobs ign, 209k miles..