Re: Door Panel Removal

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 23:06:58 EST

The door panels are a piece of cake to remove. Especially if you have power
windows.

If you have manual everything like I have, then the worst step is getting
that pita window crank clip off and back on. A sock does wonders for
removing the clip, but patience will be needed for putting it back on.

To remove the door panel remove all the screws (both phillips and torx). Be
sure not to forget the one behind the door handle. When you have all the
screws removed (and window crank off), lift the door up about an inch to
disengage the L clips and disconnect the door lever (a white clip that you
lift on and swing out of the way). Once the door handle is disconnected, you
can pull out the door panel far enough to unplug the speakers. If you have
power mirror/windows/doors undo all the connections.

To reinstall the door panels, just reverse everything. Be sure to engage all
the L shaped clips so the panel doesn't rattle.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport