Cat/o2 question

From: Ryan G. (gogglesqq@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 20:56:21 EST

My catalytic converter is absolutely shot. It sounds like a millions
marbles rolling around my exhaust. It has been getting worse and worse but
all the dodge dealers around here cant get a cat in for a couple more weeks.
So the more i drive it the worse the truck runs. I know the oxygen sensor
after the cat compensates for the performance of the cat but now i cant get
the truck to stay running. It stumbles and chugs and is all over the rpm
range....when i let off the gas the rpms drop below 500 and it dies. Is
this common when cats are as bad as can be?