K&N Filters

From: BLKDG3@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 23:51:21 EST

Hey Eric, I have the same truck as yours, same year even. I'm using the K&N
because it gets so d@mn hot here in Phoenix! The K&N is more expensive than
the others because of the extra shielding that isolates the engine
compartment heat away from the filter intake. You might not need it, but if
you wanted to, you could build a shield of your own to use with the other
systems available. And for a lot less money. A lot of guys are having pretty
good results with the home-brew PVC setup.
 A little more work involved, but you'll save a bunch.

Guy