RE: cat/o2

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 02:57:19 EST

Jeff,

To make it easy, the cat needs to be moved back about 4-6 inches with
headers and about 2-3 inches farther back with manifolds. This is how
we've been having them installed on local vehicles (Dodge mainly) and
it's been working out perfectly. My CarSound 94016 has been on for
about 10K miles without any rattling...the previous one was blown due to
my "oopsie" and some "Non Cat Safe" octane booster. (I'll chock that
one up for a learning experience...read the bottle next time.) ;)

One of my other customers out here has the 94057 on his '99 R/T for the
year without any issues as well...again, moved it back about 6 inches as
he has Mopar headers.

Moving it back may not be the correct way and but until the method you
described is updated on all the cats, this is a viable option. **
Disclaimer - I will not be responsible for some nutcase running a heavy
dose of Nitrous and Race Fuel through their long-tube headers and cat.
** (It's real pretty what that does to the cat with a 12-second flame
from the headers.) ;)

The dealerships around here will warranty the cat, on the vehicle as the
P/N# from Chrysler includes the pipe as well.

- Bernd