Re: Flywheel for 360 swap?

From: Jon (jonram@megalink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 15:57:27 EST

Rams are only available in the States with a manual trans/360 combo as a
2500. the 1500's with the 360 powerplant get automatics. I used to know
someone on another list that had a Canadian Ram 1500 QC with 360/manual. He
sold it and bought a Chevy Avalanche :-(
Andy's right, FYI. If he's presently got a 5.2 in there, he's got an
NV3500, and the 360 Ram 5-speeds get an NV4500, while Diesels and V-10's get
NV4500HD, but that's irrelevant.
He needs a new tranny if he wants to slap a 360 in. But that's no big deal
if he doesn't ind physically swapping the trannies over, because NV4500s are
plentiful, like a die a dozen. Jeep guys swap them for their AX-15's all
the time
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund BugShield