Re: Removing overload leaf spring

From: dwmagnum (dwmagnum@interlynx.net)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 17:25:52 EST

ALEX - DON'T DO IT. I removed a leaf on my 94 V8, Auto, and even under
normal driving it would hop when taking off from a stop. When I floored
it, I thought the rear end was going to come up through the box. NOT A
GOOD IDEA. I installed a 1" lowering block and have had no problems in
the last 4 years. DW 94 RC V8 Auto, 14.5

blackdak@mindspring.com wrote:

> How difficult is this? An exactly which spring is it? Is it the very bottom spring on the perch? I am wanting lower the rear of my truck 1-2" to level it out. Is this a good idea. I rarely haul anything. I am thinking it might soften up the ride which would be cool.
>
> Alex
> 97 CC Sport V8 5spd

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/