Re: RE: Pics of my Dakota with 33's

From: Matthew N Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 17:04:53 EST

Yep, absolutely correct. I've got a 2WD, and have 31x10.50 for summer
and 215/75/15 for winter. The idea is that there's the same weight on a
smaller area equals better traction. Only for snowy conditions though,
driving on ice is another story:)

Matt
'92 CC SuperLE 3.9L auto 4x2

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:16:37 -0600 John_Neff@Dell.com writes:
>The only place I've heard that narrow tires do better than wide is when
driving >through snow on the road. The narrow tire lets you get down to
the ground >instead of driving on top of the snow. I've never lived in
snow country so I can't >verify this is true.
> John
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.