2K Brakes pads - PLEASE HELP

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 17:42:12 EST

I'm about due for a set of pads on the front of the 2K R/T. I've ordered up
sets from Wagner (MX820) and Performance Friction (7464 or 0746.20). Both
have been wrong when compared to the factory installed pads. The inners on
both sets were correct, but the outers were both wrong. The factory outer
has a set of locating tits that locate it into the caliper, along with a 2
sided spring that locates it against the caliper mount. The Wagner has the
tits, but no spring, and the Perf Friction doesn't have the tits, and the
spring is only one sided.

Has anyone run into this? Has anyone found the correct pad at somewhere
other than the dealer?

I did call the dealer, and they have two sets available to fit. One std
issue $49, and the other a premium one for $129. The std issue, is a messy
pad. And I feel I can get a premium pad on less than the $129.

Thanks in advance.
TonyC