Re: Tonneau Covers Suggestions?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 12:33:52 EST

Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: I think it really depends on your needs & how you'll use the truck. I
: chose a soft tonneau because it was less expensive, and I wanted a cover I
: could remove easily anywhere by myself. Had I know how much of a pain it
: is to put it back on in the winter, I would have given a hard tonneau a lot
: more thought.

  Another option here - I saw a rather slick set up at a car show - its
a soft tonneau cover, but it mounts to a framework which is hinged at the
front, and has gas struts, etc. So, you can use it exactly like a hard
tonneau cover, but if you ever need to haul something big, you don't
actually have to remove the framework, just the "canvas" like you would a
normal tonneau cover.

  This way you always have full, easy access to your bed and only need to
deal with removing and re-installing the fabric when you have to haul
something big. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the name - someone here may
have some info though.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'