Re: DML K&N oil filters

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 05:35:26 EST

Hey, Mike!

<snip> Does anyone have experience with the K&N oil filters? .... Any first
hand accounts, third hand knowledge, legend or folklore are welcome.<snip>

I've been using the K&N in the DAKSY since I switched to Mobil 1 at about
12K. Got over 42K on er now & I've had no probs with the filters. One detail
that I like about em is the small formed "hex" at the end which allows for a
socket or wrench to be applied to get em to spin off when you're changing
em. I KNOW that they're supposed to be hand tight + 1/4 turn, but sometimes
it's hard to tell where that 1/4 is...(& NO I don't use the "hex" to tighten
em on!)
They're not cheap ($10+/-US), but they work as good as any other, IMHO...
HTH...

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )