Re: Re: Under-heating problem?

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 15:38:51 EST

Hehehe...Thanks for the welcome Andy :) For once I did remember to take pictures while I was working on this project. Once I get them developed, I'll scan them and put them up on my website.

I also finished my throttle body project. While I waited for Autozone to get a part, I slightly enlarged the upper portion of the barrels and rounded the edges.

I must say, i can feel a difference. I had a stock V6 tb on for 30 miles or so, just to remember what it was like. Then I reinstalled my smoothed and shaved tb. Across the board, there was better and smoother response, more torque below 2k rpm, and it seemed like more power in the top end. After porting and rounding the edges, I have not lost anything, but it sometimes feels like so because there is such a dramatic improvement in the 2000-4000 rpm range. She really picks up and goes now, and there is no problem squeeling tires in 2nd or 3rd.

Mike Styer
www.geocities.com/geek_farm