Re: Re: Hi, I'm new to the list

From: SCalHOTROD@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 21:55:09 EST

Hi Chris S.

I've only had it for 4 days, but I like it a lot. Other than the "box" at the
front of the bed, its almost invisible. The rails for it are completely flush
with the bed. I'll post a pic on the www.mydodgedakota.com site soon.

It rained today and the drip channels worked perfectly. I added a couple
squirts of silicone lube to the rails like the installer recomended and now
its silent when you close it.

As for my bed being shorter, I considered that aspect. I tried hauling
various things like my bicycles and such and its even too short for those. I
have to open the tailgate any way. So losing 6 inches to the Pace Edwards box
wasn't really a problem.

I have also installed a Bully locking tailgate latch so that I can completely
lock my bed. I travel to shooting competitions and it is important for me to
be able to lock up my guns and NOT have them in the cab, especially the
handguns. There are too many bad laws on the books that can be interpreted
the wrong way. I'd rather be overly safe than spend years trying to get my
property back.

Also, the Pace Edwards box does not interfere with one of those "bed tents"
that are popular. You lose a little foot room, but you have to put the gate
down anyway to lay in it. I am considering one of those too.

I'll be more than happy to give periodic updates on how its holding up.

Chris
'01 SLT QuadCab
Santa Clara, CA