RE: Re:Roller rockers for 97 V-6

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 09:24:24 EST

With the Crowers (1.6:1) on the V6, you don't have to dimple anything.

V6 + Crower 1.6:1 - No dimple, just install
V6 + Crower 1.7:1 - Dimple or modify factory oil baffle
V8 + Crower 1.6:1 - Dimple or modify factory oil baffle
V8 + Crower 1.7:1 - Dimple or modify factory oil baffle

A few small steps before reinstalling the valve covers and reinstalling
the plugs...connect the battery and turn the engine over for about 15-20
seconds to pump up the lifters again (watch for oil coming out of the
pushrod hole on the rocker). Go through the rockers one more time on
the adjustment and close it up. This is a safety as some of the lifters
may have bled down while you were replacing the rockers...it just
assures that you didn't over tighten the rocker adjustment and
(possibly) damage a lifter.

- Bernd