R/T heads????? kinda long

From: BURPLE00@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 11:17:02 EST

Alright im not totally happy with the performance of my truck, I have been throwing around the idea of trying to get a 408 and using some of my current parts. Thats kinda pricey and a lil more involved, and I already have a good lump in this truck as is. Right now the bottom end of my truck is mostly stock except the pistons.

SO heres where I start to ask my question...I have the stock heads on my motor, they just have a basic port and polish, the 1.6RR's and heavier springs. The valves are stock. Would switching over to the R/T heads be a better investment??? and if id DO what size valves, I see KRC is having a special on the R/T heads with either 1.92's or 2.02's...
IM wondering if Im out flowing my current head setup?? if that makes since..

Sorry this was so long and drawn out, thanks for any input you guys and gals have ..

96 Dak Sport 5spd, Western Chs 3.5/6 drop. 99 R/T rims. Stock 92 318 block, crank, rods, ported & polished heads, TRW forged pistons, double roller chain, KRC218 cam(Compgrind 218/224-.528/.536 114), Mopar Springs, 1.6 Mopar rockers, M1 intake, Mopar 4BBL TB, 14x4 K&N with drop base, 96 MP comp. & V-8 wiring harness (part of the V8 swap), JBA Ram Horn hedders, No cats, TRUE-Dual 2.5" xhaust with FLOWMASTERS (dumping before the axle yes it sounds damn mean), MSD 6A, MSD Blaster SS coil, MSD 8.5mm wires, Holley 225 LPH fuel pump, 24#SVO inj, Tri. Eng. 20G Aluminum fuel cell, Twin 10" 1250cfm Perma cool fans, Hurst Shifter, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, 3.90, L/S, Checkmate Flush-mount Bed Cover. Comp Eng, Slide-a-links, dynoed 275hp @ da wheels.. Still to come, some Nitto Drag Radials..
For the rest of my truck mods (yes theres more), and some other nice trucks go to...http://www.rcst.com