Re: DML:re magnum motors

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:45:12 EST

As far as the cams go - I too have only seen data supporting a single part
number (at least on the performance parts). But, on the other hand my '96 has
no provisions for EGR but the '97 (referring to Rams here but should be the
same) motors claim to utilize EGR via increased valve overlap (called internal
EGR). The only way they can increase valve overlap is with a different cam
profile. It may be that the replacement parts are the same but that doesn't
necessarily imply that the originals are. Think hard about how Ma Mopar
operates these days... How many other examples of a V8 (with years covering
pre- and post- OBDII) can you point to that have identical camshafts for a 7
year period????

Good point tho.

Latr,

Shane