Re: Lower front Valance removal

From: SCalHOTROD@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 19:20:34 EST

Oh boy, I did this one when I was putting on my Westin Safari bar.

You can remove your entire bumper with 6 bolts...! Funny, this thing is
supposed to protect you AND the vehicle, but 6 small bolts hold it on.

You need to remove the entire bumper because you can only get at the valence
screws from behind.

There are 2 bolts located on the top of the bumper in front of the radiator.
The other 4 require some contortions and are located at the side of the front
of the frame. These 2 (2 on eac side) actually hold brackets that are
connected to the bumper and not the bumper itself.

Its easily a one person job, even lifting the bumper off. It only weighs
about 30 lbs. One socket wrench with about a 3-4" extension should be all you
need.

>From there you can remove the 10 or so screws that hold on the valence, Torex
I think.

Have fun!