RE: Who has had a bad steering pump on 4.7l?

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 19:00:36 EST

I didn't have a bad pump but the Rack and Pinion unit went bad. The front
end made a slight moaning noise when you turn the steering wheel ever so
little when standing still. After the R&P was replaced my mileage went about
1 mpg. Also could fell more power from the engine, I think the R&P unit was
putting a undue drag on the 4.7L. Why do you think your pump is bad? Born on
date is 3-2000 I think. 4x2, HD service group

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm