Remote starter install

From: KCDak (JasonMAnderson@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 22:06:07 EST

Has anyone on here installed a Bulldog remote starter on a 2000 Dodge Dakota
Quad Cab (4.7L and factory keyless) and hooked up the keyless entry
successfully. I have the fsm, and can see that the lock/unlock wires are
orange/violet and pink/violet, however Bulldog is saying that I need to tie
into a white/green wire. The problem is that there are now white/green
wires to tie in to. Since the 01-02 Dakotas have a wt/gn wire they seem to
think that the 2000 model does also. Another person mentioned connecting to
a violet/black wire. Well, I can find a violet/black wire, but it doesn't
seem to have anything to do with the locks, plus it is mentioned nowhere in
the fsm. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW, the remote starter part of the unit it absolutely awesome. I can
start the truck from the 3rd story of our office with the truck parked at
the back of the lot. And with the exception of the keyless entry the
install was a piece of cake.

Thanks for your help,
Jason