Speaker Wire Colors

From: JP (palsijon@rcn.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 20:52:32 EST

I finally took the driver side door panel off my truck in preparation for
installing my new Pioneer component speakers. (waiting for mount brackets to
arrive) I saw that the wires for the stock speakers are green/purple and
green/blue and was wondering which one is positve and which one is negative?
I didn't try the passenger side door as my garage is too small to open that
door wide enough. Are the colors the same on the passenger side as well?
I'm trying to use the existing wiring as I really don't feel like running
new stuff.

Also, just to vent, yesterday the truck barely started in the morning and
when it finally did turn over it did so with a rather loud knocking sound
from the engine. It now makes that sound everytime I start the truck. Not
even 3000 miles on it yet and it's going to the dealer for the second time.
:(

Thanks,
JP
2001 Two-tone Intense Blue CC SLT, V6, Auto, 4x2