Re: Hey DAKSY!! your CD Changer

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 01:34:33 EST

Hey, Jeff!

<snip>I have been pulling my hair out trying to mount my CD changer
somewhere and
where do I go, your site. Was it a big deal to mount it thru the underseat
box or is it just straight forward cut to fit?<snip>

I don't know if you'd call it a straight forward cut, because the underseat
compartment has a double wall configuration. Once you figure out where it'll
fit, simply find the middle, & measure to either side for the width &
up-down for the height & layout the opening with a paintpen (we used yellow
...go figure), and cut it with a rotary-type Dremel. We worked our way out
from the middle, gradually sneaking up to the lines until we had the correct
opening. If you have a steady hand, you could probably just cut it on the
lines, as the face plate will cover any irregularities in your work, but
being a machinist by trade, I tend to take rough & then finish cuts...It
meant some whittling, but it came out really nice. We didn't hafta cut into
the bottom of the compartment, as the thickness of the changer body was less
than the space avaliable under the seat.
HTH,

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )