Re: msd fuel pump booster

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 10:49:09 EST

My understanding is that by overdriving the fuel pump, you can get more
pressure out of it (assuming you have modified the existing regulator or
gone aftermarket), as well as volume. This extra pressure will allow for
over driving the injectors.

Injectors are rated in lbs/hr at a specific (standardized) PSI. If you raise
the PSI that the injector sees, you will raise its lbs/hr. In our factory
Daks, the 19lb/hr injectors are already overdriven slightly (I think it
works out to 20.5 lbs/hr or so), as our fuel pressure is higher than the std
PSI rating that is used for determining the lb/hr of the injectors.
TonyC