Re: Re: Header gaskets

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 17:30:05 EST

At 10:07 AM 1/27/02 -0600, you wrote:
>-- SNIP --
>I got about 45K out of these gaskets before they started leaking. Maybe I'm
>asking to much, but isn't there a better gasket out there? One you can
>install and forget about once you've retorqued the bolts a few times?
>BTW, the ones I just removed were the Mopar gaskets that came with my
>headers. John

John

I've had the Mopar gaskets on since the summer of '98 but not
nearly the number of total miles on them as you. I've got
a few hundred or so 1/4-mile runs on them though (gets really hot
followed by cool down). So far no leaks (fingers crossed).

IMHO, Fel Pro gaskets are near the top. Even their standard
ones are better than most other hi-po ones.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 3.92SG, 4,075 lb (racing weight)
RW: 231.2 hp 340.0 torque PB: 14.313 95.05 mph