Dakota Woes

From: JP (palsijon@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 20:56:46 EST

So I take the Dak to the dealer to find out why it's making a strange noise
when I start the engine. They call back later and say that the torque
convertor needs to be replaced! After only 3000 miles, I need a new torque
convertor!? I baby that truck so much and drive it like a grandma and now
it needs a new torque convertor!? And now for the good part. They need the
truck at least 2 or 3 days, so they decide to give me a rental car for a few
day. I figure they'll give me a Stratus or Neon or something like that. I
wound up getting a God-forsaken, POS Chebby METRO!!!!! No power windows, no
power locks, and no power STEERING!!!!! My wife had to pick up the car
because I was out of the area today, so I wasn't there to pick it up, but
I'm calling and complaining first thing tomorrow morning. I want a
replacement vehicle that at least has power steering.

This is the second trip to the dealer in the 4 months that I've owned the
truck. First, then oil sending unit had to be replaced, now this. I love
my truck but I'm getting worried that I got a lemon.

JP
2001 Two-tone Intense Blue CC SLT, V6, Auto, 4x2