Re: Mail Failures

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 09:13:50 EST

I got the same thing again this morning. The thing that confuses me is the smtp
conversation:

--- Session Transcript ---
 Waiting for socket connection...
 Socket connection established
 Waiting for protocol initiation...
 220-HotMail (NO UCE) ESMTP server ready at Wed, 30 Jan 2002 04:17:55 -0800
 220 ESMTP spoken here
 EHLO damar.net
 250-hotmail.com Hello
 250-8bitmime
 250 SIZE 1572864
 MAIL From:<smoseley@ix.netcom.com> SIZE=3216
 250 Requested mail action okay, completed
 RCPT To:<ccurrie_mobile@hotmail.com>
 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
 QUIT

Maybe this is the way majordomo works (guessing that is what the list uses).
Anywho, the sending agent claims to be damar.net which corresponds to:

Registrant:
  Lambton Communications Ltd (DAMAR2-DOM)
     506 Christina St. N
     Sarnia, Ontario N7T 5W4
     CANADA

     Domain Name: DAMAR.NET

     Administrative Contact:
        Currie, David (DCN632) dcurrie@DAMAR.NET
        Lambton Communications Limited
        506 Christina Street North
        Sarnia, Ont N7T 5W4
        CA
        519-344-7509 519-336-7508

There is also a ccurrie_mobile@hotmail.com which I assume is the same person or
related (too big a coincidence). Looks like they need to clean out their
hotmail account - or change addresses such that this won't continue.

Ideas Jon?

Latr,

Shane