Home.Com Caper

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:06:06 EST

Last night, I finally managed to switch from the old hacker hang out spot
HOME.COM to the all new Cox.Net. Home.Com filed for Bankrupcy last year and
Cox Cable bought out the portion of those subscribers who received not only
the cable TV, cable telephone, but also receive cable Internet via a fiber
OC-3 pipe.

Looking at the old security problems that seriously plague the Home.Com
network, Cox.Net is almost hacker proof. Running some known hacker security
software, which lurks around for holes in anyone system, found that the
firewall is comparable to the Marine Corps network with exception of the
base's proxy problems we encountered on the daily basis.

Anyway, to cut it short, for those who required the additional firewall
protection, intrusionary software, and other such security protection
oddities, may know that Cox.Net is not like the old Home.Com.

Finally!!! Someone knows how to run a real nation wide network with OC-3
level throughput.

Steven St.Laurent
C2 IOW/IOS Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA