Re: Euros and clear taillights

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 15:30:38 EST

I know that ALL 100% clear tail lights are illegal, because the vehical code
reads that they must be "red reflective", not just "red lit". (not actual
wording from the code, but you get the idea) My brother-in-law is a State
Trooper here in Pa., and he just loves pulling over the little rice rockets
with all clear lighting. I personally never thought they looked good enough
to bother, I'd rather spend my money letting people get a good look at my
nice red tail lights.

Mark

""Robert R.II"" <iicold@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What's up ya'll. I have a question. I can remember a lot of the guys on
> the page talking about having a problem with the APC Eurotails for our 97+
> Dakotas. A lot of people said that they had to use their Dremel tool to
> shave the bulb housing just to get the bulbs to fit inside of the housing.
> Is this still a factor? Or has APC finally designed the bulb housing to
the
> correct dimensions? Also, I hear that the regular cleartails are being
> discontinued. Is this true? I was sort of looking at both sets, the
Euros