Re: Re: balljoints

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 22:15:51 EST

Aha!! I thought that the big wheels had to put more of
a load on ball joints. My 99 4x4 had the big
wheels,and a ball joint failure at about 8,000 miles
(it began to clunk) That truck was never off-road,and
it was too dang slow to abuse! Steve P.
          --- Kevin Reimer <kwreimer@msn.com> wrote:
> Seems to be a topic that comes up alot, I think it
> is the way the vehicles
> are driven, like the 2 wd trucks, hard cornering,
> sloloms, etc, and the 4x4
> off road abuse.. But that is just my opinion, Keep
> in mind also, larger
> tires and wheels are known to cause suspension
> problems, in all makes of
> vehicles. I may be singing to a different tune, I
> have two Daks a 4x4 and a
> 4x2, so I will find out someday.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.