oil consumption...37K miles!

From: Tim Althoff (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 15:07:39 EST

I just changed my oil and have a few questions...I just switched to mobile
one synthetic fluid about three times ago from standard oil. The last time
a changed it (about 3.5 months ago) I put 4 quarts in. About a month ago I
added about 3/4 of a quart since I was a little low. To day I drained it
and am guessing (haven't measured it yet) I got 2-3 quarts out! that kinda
scares me since I only have 37,000 miles. I change it every 3,000 miles
analy! Where is it going? I just modified my intake manifold (within this
last oil change) and in doing so I don't have any pinging! is there
anywhere else I should look...Is this something I shouldn't even be
concerned about?

Tim Althoff
99 RC Dak w/ V6 5-speed
http://go.to/yllwdkta