Re: XM Radio-don' buy

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 21:41:12 EST

Ed,
There is also a monthly fee that will most likely go
up over time - like your cable fee.
I would suggest you don't get it for several reasons.
The main one being that we need all the local radio we
can get. More and more local radio is going with
national programming - Imus, Howard Stern etc.
We need local outlets for local views.
As you travel the country everything is becoming the
same. Look at all the malls.

Also, the US public is dying the death of 1,000 cuts.
Take a look a bankruptcies - they will rise. People
are paying for so many small items that are making
them poor. - Cable TV, mobile phones, satellite radio,
home security monitoring.
People lived withouth these things in the past; but
now they are "necissities".
I'm anwwering more than you asked because I just read
an article in the New York Times about a couple who
are in their late 50's who can pay their child's
college tuition. The earn a total of 250,000. Now
the mother had do close her business and the father
had the job he was working on move to Fla. I doubt
they can afford to retire.
Recently I attained a level of wealth I never thought
I would. I grew up without much.
How did I do it? It wasn't from any one big thing.
It was from not being bled to death - financially.
I'm rambling so I'll end here.
PS - I have cable - no cell phone

--- Ed Halterman <OLZNUT@webtv.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have this and if so, how do you like
> it?? I kinda find it
> hard to swallow $300 just for an adapter and antenna
> for your own
> stereo. Saw it at Best Buy yesterday, I liked what

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group HD Package Skid Plates
Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber, Steel Horse Torneau cover,
Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs, Removed air horns from Throttle Body,
new TB bolts, Taylor 8mm Wires, Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes,
McGard Tailgate lock, Audiovox cut off switch & hood lock
-Smyrna, Georgia