Re:DML Exhaust Inlet Outle Size And Spacing

From: s_villaire@yahoo.com
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 07:39:33 EST

Since I'm going to have 6 weeks of time on my hands while I wait for my new
Dak to show up, I'm thinking of a couple modest mods to begin with. Can
someone tell me the muffler inlet and outlet size on a 4.7 on a 2002 Quad
Cab? Is it center in/offset out or center in/center out or some other
combination? Thanks. I may do a catback down the road but I'm going to do
simple muffler swap to start just for some sound.

Bill White - 2002 QC 4x4, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 (on order)

Bill,
Sorry to hear about the truck, I'm still amazed by those pictures!
Now for your question, the muffler size on the 4.7l is 2.5" center in/2.5"
offset outlet. I have Flowmaster p/n 942552 it sounds pretty good with a
nice rumble in the cab and a good sound outside of the truck.(you will also
need a straight piece of 2.5" pipe to make up the difference in length of
the mufflers)
As far as other mods go, you can buy or make yourself a good cold air
intake, 180* t-stat, there are throttle bodies available, IAT adjuster,and
Hurst makes a shifter for the NV3500.......Then when you get your insurance
check you can supercharge that bitch!!

Good luck,
Shawn

2002 Ram RC 4X4 4.7l, 45RFE,
3.92 limited-slip, Flowmaster,
180* T-stat, Homebrew cold air intake.
Viper 550ESP, Sony MP3 head unit, DEI 1100D, 2 10" Audiobahn subs
Extang Tuff Tono III, Limo tint