Re: Re: 88 Dakota 4x4 No Power :-{

From: joe@dokes.com
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 23:51:14 EST

I decided to take the groups advice and explore the timing chain. It
needs to be inspected after this many miles anyway so nothing ventured
nothing gained. I could kick myself in the arse though for not doing a
compression test before tearing into this motor but I think shes Ok in
that area. Most of the work im doing with need to be done if the
engine is toast anyway and I need a new engine but im willing to give
it the benefit of the doubt
#4 Plug (Right Center on a 3.9L?)was sooty after about an hour of
runtime on new plugs.lots of idleing durning that hour not much on the
road driving seeing the registration is expired. All the other plugs
looked good. Hope to have the timing chain cover off by tomorrow
night. Thanks for the help :-)