Re: New intake

From: sam morgan (sinous1@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 20:38:34 EST

I just finished working on mine. I smoothed out the step on each side left
from the machining into the plenum directly under the throttle body.
Mine also has some core shift that effects the runner dividers. I also
smoothed these out and profiled them a little as one divider is almost 1/16"
thicker than the other three. All the dividers protruded different amounts
each into the plenum also so I smoothed them to the plenum.
I had to smooth the injector bosses also. Spent about 2 hrs. on it.
All in all I did what should have been done from Ma Mopar.
My opinion is that my intake is a poor example of quality!
Maybe the second run will be better. I will have mine installed tomarrow.