Re: Shocks question...

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 09:13:05 EST

Chris Reck wrote:

> Are there any shocks that fit a 99 CC 4x4 that will raise the height maybe
> 1/2" to 1" or more? I would like to keep the suspension bounce as close to
> stock as possible. I plan on putting a 2-3" suspension lift in the future
> as well as getting BFG AT/KO 33x10.5" tires this spring. If I can get the
> suspension up just a tad, it would help in clearance when I go to Jon's this
> summer. (And I will be going this year!) :-)
>
> I will be getting a full alignment done with the larger tires, as I'm
> assuming things will be off with the extra 2" height in tire.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Reck
> '99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 Amethyst

I had the gas charged shocks but it was
stiffer than the leaf.

I added the Rough Country "helper leaf" from
JC Whitney to my 88 Gen I Dakota, ride is better
and raised it almost 2" :)
a whopping $36 delivered for the pr. and <1 hr
install on a lift.
also get new U Bolts, re-using old ones is suicide.

not sure on a 99 but the 88 has axle above spring so
you can let springs hold axle. if under spring then you
need to jack or brace axle up.

its an easy job if you've played w/ springs before.
I left spring on truck and just cut U Bolts and center
bolt w/ a cutoff tool (clamp spring pack 1st) pulled
bottom helper leaf out.

center bolt through fact helper, new spring next,
slide center bolt through still mounted springs
then start tightening center bolt. cut excess
off top then replace U Bolts.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.