Re: Retractable Tonneau Covers

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 09:32:30 EST

B1LLYW@aol.com wrote:

> One must have item for me on my new truck will be a tonneau cover. I'm
> considering a retractable model such as Pace-Edwards Trac Top or the
> Roll-n-Lock. Is anyone using one of these? How do you like it? How is it
> for being weather tight? TIA.
>
> Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

I made a "wood" tonneau cover for my 88 Dakota 6.5' bed.
its simple, cheap and I get lots of compliments :)
it can be sealed a bit better to make the bed compleatly
water/rain proof, I havent got to that yet :(

so far it cost me <$120 or so.
2 sheets 3/4" Luan? hardwood plywood, 2 3/4" alum. C tracks,
20 or so #8 tek screws (self drilling)
tools needed:
drill and skillsaw or table saw

I also plan to add wood highlites to other parts of the truck
so the overall look should end up nice.
License frames, running board step inserts, dash trim etc.

I'll take a few pics and post in this directory later today
or tomorrow at http://www.kencofish.com/dakota

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.