Re: oil press. loss

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 20:51:54 EST

DGB wrote:

> Same thing on my '94 V-6 at 147k. Replacing the sender did
> nothing, put a manual gauge on it for a double check, same
> thing. Next step is to pull the engine and remove the oil
> pump! :-)
>
> Dwight

IMO it sounds like a cracked pickup tube.
A "really bent up dipstick" will cause oil level
to be lower and have same symptoms.

if you have access to an OEM oil pump look
and see if the pickup is silver soldered on,
they tend to crack the most.

depending on crack location,if it is the problem,
you can test by overfilling w/ 1 extra qt. oil and
see if it makes a diff.
cold oil is thicker and wont let air into pickup
as fast as hot oil.
drain off extra qt. after.

plugged bottom channels on oil pan baffel, if it has one,
will cause it also, the oil cant get over baffel but can
drain in normally.

either problem needs the pan dropped to fix.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.