RE: Transmission Question

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 08:07:04 EST

John,
Don't use regular motor oil (synthetic or otherwise) in your NV3500
transmission. I don't know what is called for in your transfer case, but I
can check my manual for you if you like. Per mother Mopar's instructions,
you need to use the special #xxxx (I don;t know the number off the top of my
head.) fluid from Mopar. It runs close to $10 a quart.
If you're so minded to switch, Redline MTL is a good substitute. I'm
getting ready to drain and fill mine now with the MTL, but DON'T USE MOTOR
OIL.

Sounds like your NV3500 has started to see it's better days if it won't go
into second. There are several other people on the list this has happened
to. Personally, I'm on my 4th and final NV3500. If (when) this one goes
bad, something else is going in.
Good-luck,
Rich - Ashburn, VA