Re: I guess my balljoints are OK?

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 08:12:18 EST

"DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> the tech was to make that statement. I'm right behind you at 44.5K & still
> on the original ball joints...Hmmm...wonder if there was a design upgrade
> tween 99 & 2K on them? Something as simple as a better material or heat
> treat?

Actually, they got downgraded, at least on Durangos, between 99 and 2000 - '99s have greasable balljoints, '00s are NOT greasable. Checked yours out?

When it's time for balljoints again (probably by October, if I do all the trips I'm hoping to), I'll probably go to Chuck's detailed instructions on doing it yourself and get Moog.

--
Please reply to andylevy@yahoo.com